Valmorel is in the Tarentaise valley, lying just to the west of the Three Valleys skiing area and the more well known resorts of Val Thorens, Meribel and Courchevel. From the Col du Mottet above Valmorel you can look south east along the whole chain of the Haute Tarentaise..
Turn around and look in the other direction and here's what you can see.....a corrie (or cirque as they would call it in that part of the world) with the lip clearly visible and aretes flanking the sides.Valmorel's location means that when you get high enough, you look north east towards Mont Blanc..
Sometimes, believe it or not, I just take photos because I like the view! So, no famous peaks or prominent glacial features in the next two...

Some nice interlocking spurs here on the left mindyou!
And finally, just to prove that I did get up in that microlight (see last posting), here are a few of the images I managed to snap .....



The last time I'd seen that building on the right, my feet had been on the ground and there had been huskies
'parked' outside it!
Enjoy the remainder of your holiday. I hope that you are managing to get some revision done and also enjoy the fine weather. The blog will get back to more serious matters next week!

