Friday, January 12, 2007

Networked resources

While teaching about coastlines of erosion this week, I have made frequent reference to features which you can see locally along the coastline between Arbroath and Auchmithie. In the days before risk assessment ruled out fieldtrips to the area, I regularly used to take pupils to this stretch of coastline - thankfully, I never lost anyone!

As we can no longer do fieldtrips to the Arbroath cliffs, I devised a bit of virtual fieldwork which is now available for you to work through. You can access the PowerPoint on the school network. You will find it in the 'P' drive, Geography, Higher, Coasts.

There are a number of other resources in the same location. All the PPTs which I have used/will use on coasts are there along with two commercially produced resources which I have purchased for you. One has an icon with ET marked on it, the other is called 'Drag and Drop Revision. The first has a range of materials on coasts for GCSE and A level. Start with GCSE and move on to the A level materials later. Be selective about what you use - choose the sections which relate to the topics we have been studying in class. The second resource contains a series of revision exercises. There is a section on coasts but also sections relating to many other topics covered in the H geography course.