Almost 300 pupils from schools across the central belt attended the Higher Geography Pupil Conference run by the Scottish Association of Geography Teachers at Dalkeith High School today. If you were there, you should be pleased to know that those of us who were lecturing/presenting were particularly impressed with our audience today!I am hoping that having given you the link to the HigherGeogBlog, you are now going to become regular visitors and I thought you might like to be able to access the presentations I gave today.
Firstly, for the Biosphere Unit and on the topic of sand dune succession......
Secondly, for the Rural Land Resources section of Paper 2, my afternoon workshops were on the topic of Farming in the Yorkshire Dales.....
Sorry, no music on the on-line version.... you'll just have to hum....it was 'Emmerdale' and 'Last of the Summer Wine'!
Although it is now the 24th, I am going to edit this post rather than add a new one for today. Ollie Bray, Deputy Head at Musselburgh GS was one of the presenters at the conference on Friday. He has also kindly made his presentation on Population available to you.
On his own blog, he apologises for the first slide! However, it is only the title page and the rest more than makes up for it!
