One of the most rewarding aspects of this digital world we teachers now inhabit is that there is less and less need for us to 'reinvent the wheel'. Resources can be quickly and easily shared; PowerPoint presentations, digital images and movie files nightly wing their way through cyberspace as Geography teachers exchange resources. Indeed, many of the resources I use in class with you have come from virtual colleagues in other parts of the UK and beyond. It is also pleasing for me to know that some of the materials I produce are being used in classrooms far removed from Dundee.Many of my virtual colleagues are also writing blogs for their pupils and you can see links to them in the sidebar. I have been watching with interest some recent postings on development by a teacher colleague in Somerset, whose blog you can link to by clicking the banner above.
Those of you who are not in the Dales this weekend (and the rest when you get back) might like to explore them.... Once you have reached Noel's blog, select 'development' from the categories in the sidebar and scroll down the postings until you find the following:
Feb 11th - Darfur Case Study
Feb 4th - Some more Development Questions
Jan 30th - Using Gapminder to measure Development (You have used Gapminder already with Mrs W)
Jan 28th Development Mapping Homework
I never thought I'd be getting a teacher in Somerset to set homework for my class!
