Friday, May 25, 2007

Nearly there....

With just two days to go before the exam, I hope you are all feeling confident and ready to 'drive for the tape'. Mrs W and I were delighted with the turn out on Wednesday afternoon and hope you found the 'swot shop' to be useful. From our point of view, we both felt that you were well on course with your revision and there did not seem to be any major problems with the topics we covered.

Two days may not seem a long time but you can do a lot of learning in 48 hours! Now is the time to be committing need-to -know lists to memory, to be practising diagrams until you can draw them with your eyes closed and to be learning those sand dune plant names!! If you've forgotten them by Tuesday, don't worry - just as long as you know them on Monday!

Now is not the time to be burdening yourself with additional information but looking at familiar topics from a new angle might be helpful.... and less boring than reading your notes for the umpteenth time. So here are a couple of resources on climate change and global warming which I've just found on the National Geographic website.. (click images to link)

Finally, do not sit at home this weekend worrying about anything (Geography related - sorry, I can't help with Chemistry!) If you have any questions, send them to my school email address which you should all have. I will check this over the weekend and get back to you asap.
P.S. There are a couple of games over on 'the other blog' - a natural disasters one and a farming one which you might want to play for a bit of light relief. Also a quick skim through the posting there wouldn't go amiss - you never know what you might pick up.