Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The aftermath and looking to the future

I was expecting the blog to be really quiet but notice that there have been almost a hundred hits since yesterday....

I hope you are feeling very relaxed about the exam. You should be - there was absolutely nothing in it to catch you out. The main problem seems to have been that you had so much to write, you were struggling to get it down on paper in the time allowed. I'm not a great believer in analysing exams. The die is cast and there is nothing we/you can do now to alter the outcome. If you know you worked beforehand and did your best in the exam, that is all we can ask of you. Put it out of your mind until the results come through in August. (I thought about a countdown counter for that but then thought the better of it!)

Now, however, there is something you can do for me. I have relaxed the 'no comment' restriction on the blog and if you feel inclined, you can now leave comments. I would be interested to hear your views about the blog. Did it work for you? Was it helpful? What were the most useful features? Was there anything missing? How could I improve it to benefit next year's Higher Geography students. I would be delighted to hear from you wherever you may be. I know that there have been many readers of the blog from schools all over Scotland and I have been delighted to help you as well as my own pupils. Now is your chance to talk back ... and as my pupils would tell you, Mrs V doesn't often issue an invitation like that!

Please note, however, that the comments will come to me for moderation before they appear on the blog.

No comments: